03 Oct Are you mobile-friendly? Your competitor probably is.
In a recent post on it’s Mobile Ads Blog, Google shed light on an important issue facing online companies. The search giant conducted a study of over 1000 smartphone users in the United States and came to a decisive conclusion: mobile-friendly websites are more important than ever. The most interesting statistic is that 61% of users said that they’d quickly move onto another site if they didn’t find what they were looking for right away on a mobile site. This means that if your site is not optimized for the mobile format, you are giving away customers to your competitors at an alarming rate. Here are more conclusions from the study:
- 74% of users are more likely to return to a site that is mobile friendly, thus creating brand loyalty and increasing customer engagement
- 96% of consumers say they’ve encountered sites that were clearly not designed for mobile devices.
- When they visited a mobile-friendly site, 74% of people say they’re more likely to return to that site in the future
- 67% of mobile users say that when they visit a mobile-friendly site, they’re more likely to buy a site’s product or service
- 50% of people said that even if they like a business, they will use them less often if the website isn’t mobile-friendly
- 48% of users say they feel frustrated and annoyed when they get to a site that’s not mobile-friendly
- 52% of users said that a bad mobile experience made them less likely to engage with a company
In conclusion, having a great mobile site is no longer just about making a few more sales. It’s become a critical component of building strong brands, nurturing lasting customer relationships, and making mobile work for you.