21 Mar Spark Bites: Social Media Springs Into Action This Week!
Spring has officially sprung, and these social media updates are in full bloom. So get out there and pollinate the digital world, you social media butterflies!
- Facebook turned the changing of the seasons into a mini-party on users’ feeds. Aaand the battle of the stories rages on across platforms.
- China has said “zai jian” to Pinterest—the latest in a long line of social sites that have been nixed by the Chinese government. Another one bites the dust.
- A Snapchat exec threw some shade at Facebook (via Twitter) for copying Snap Stories. Points to all parties for a successful meta-social media (social met-ia??) spat.
March Madness is taking trash talk to Snapchat Stories. The app will publish over 30 stories over the course of the tourney.
- LinkedIn now offers filters and editing for profile photos, and has included best-practice tips for profile pictures to encourage more profile views, connection requests, and messages.
- In a recent study comprised of marketers from a variety of industries, 94% said influencer marketing was an effective campaign strategy. As might be expected, 78% of those marketers said that determining the success of these campaigns will be the top challenge for 2017.
In Other News:
- We’re keeping you up-to-date on tips and tweaks to help businesses increase revenue on email marketing—including abandoned cart strategy, automation, and segmentation.
As a treat for keeping up to date with your digital news and somehow making it through the dark days of winter, here’s a corgi basking in a sea of flowers: