Creating a Viral Campaign on a Limited Budget
New York-based Miz Mooz wanted to spread brand awareness to millennials about their stylish, functional shoes, and and to increase their share of voice. In February of 2015, they tapped Spark Growth to create an April Fools’ campaign that would highlight Miz Mooz’s fun, quirky brand voice while also driving engagement and increasing reach.
Percent increase in share of voice
- Conceive the #SelfieShoes April Fools’ stunt and design and develop all campaign assets including video, email campaign, and landing page with email capture.
- Post video on YouTube and leak to the press on March 31.
- Monitor the press and social mentions surrounding the #SelfieShoes, engaging with the audience and driving traffic back to the website.
- Increased share of voice by 12,143%
- Received more than 2.7 million organic YouTube views and 35,000 public mentions during the week of the campaign.
- Recognized as the one of the best April Fools’ campaigns of 2015 by CNN, Buzzfeed, Mashable, CBS, AdWeek, and more.
See the Selfie Shoes Story