Creating a Community Space in Midtown Manhattan
Vornado Realty Trust had been lobbying for 10 years to bring culture and community to its space in Midtown Manhattan, branded Plaza33.
In July 2015, they finally got the opportunity on a four month trial basis. They engaged Spark Growth to ensure that visitors shared their positive Plaza33 experience on social media without driving overwhelming traffic to the space that would cause local officials to question Vornado’s ability to control the crowd.
Percent Positive Online Sentiment
thousand organic social impressions
- Establish the Plaza33 brand and develop accompanying digital and social channels, including a website, Facebook page, Instagram and Twitterfeed
- Promote events at the plaza with engaging social content and community manage visitor posts, amplifying positive engagement and addressing any negative comments
- Achieved 99% positive sentiment in consumer content about Plaza33
- Recognized as the “Best Public Space Project of 2015” by Streetsblog and cited by residents, city officials and advocacy organizations as a positive improvement to the area
- Strong organic consumer social interaction, including nearly 1,200 Facebook check-ins and nearly 500,000 social media impressions